Registration & Luncheon
Metrics that Matter: Benchmarking Performance Across the Firm
In a rapidly segmenting legal market, data analytics and business intelligence have never been more paramount. Tasked with defining and executing overall business strategy, law firm officers must make challenging decisions requiring actionable insight and visibility
through data. This interactive workshop examines key metrical levers for evaluating law firm performance. Led by some of the industry’s shrewdest minds, participants will gain comprehensive knowledge of which metrics truly matter from a business standpoint.
Key topics for discussion include:
- What are some of the different metrics currently used by firms;
- How are firms measuring real “profit” and identifying key drivers of change;
- How to establish an enterprise culture that embraces data analytics;
- What are some of the preferred technological platforms for law firm management?
The Company We Keep: New Responses to Lawyer Compensation & Firm-Wide Origination Challenges
This facilitated workshop examines the challenges and strategies many firms are deploying around partner compensation systems and origination credit.
Key questions for discussion include:
- How are firm-wide compensation systems designed and aligned with greater cultural and strategic goals?
- To what extent is origination credit tethered to a healthy business development culture?
- What role does “teamwork” play in your firm’s compensation system? How is it assessed and evaluated?
- How does your compensation system balance firm success with individual performance?
- How do you align your associate compensation with partner compensation? Does your associate compensation model help facilitate the path to partnership?
High Noon: A Pricing Negotiation Master Class
Budget predictability is of paramount concern for law firm clients. Indeed, with continued financial pressures influencing clients’ decisions to bring more work in-house, the proliferation of fixed fee arrangements on large and small engagements has become almost axiomatic in the current market. And yet, despite such routine behavior, a major lament for in-house counsel and their corporate procurement colleagues is the continued inability of law firm personnel to adhere to budgetary proposals. This advanced pricing workshop asks attendees to engage directly with legal customers in mock negotiation exercises. Participants will gain unique insight around strategic conversations, client pain points and much more within a collegial yet purposeful setting.
Please join us for cocktails and canapés as we wrap up the afternoon.
The 16th Annual Law Firm COO & CFO Forum Welcome Dinner*
Little Park (at the Smyth Hotel)
85 West Broadway (at Chambers St.)
New York, NY
*Separate registration required. Seating is extremely limited (Please call for details.)
85 West Street at Albany Street
New York, NY 10006
Situated in Lower Manhattan near Battery Park, the New York Marriott Downtown is located near Wall Street, the 9/11 Memorial and Museum and One World Observatory. Enjoy nearby shopping at Brookfield Place, Century 21 or the new Westfield World Trade Center. Business and leisure travelers alike will love spreading out in the hotel’s spaciously modern accommodations, which strike the perfect balance between work and play.
Subway passengers can take the 1, R, or W lines to Rector Street and walk toward West Street.